People are migrating from one place to another since ages. There is nothing wrong in migrating to some other country. And when that country is Australia then we say it confidently that you have made a correct choice. We are sure that you must be having questions like ‘how can I Migrate to Australia?’, ‘which visa I should apply for?’ and many more related questions. The good news is that; you are at the right place and here are your answers.
You are at the starting point of your migration journey. If you have made your mind about moving to the beautiful country called Australia then your next task is to understand the how of it.
Step 1 : Understanding purpose of your migration
Is your purpose of migration is one of the below listed options?
- Are you coming here for higher studies?
- Do you want to work and live in Australia permanently?
- Are you in de facto relationship with or getting married to an Australian citizen or a Australian permanent resident?
- Do you want to come and live with your son or daughter who is living in Australia?
- Are you coming to Australia just for a holiday?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions then you will need a valid visa for moving to Australia. Head-on to the step 2.
Step 2: Know which visa will be suitable for you.
As you have a strong purpose for coming to Australia; let us see which visa is best suited for you.
- If you have answered ‘yes’ to the first question:
You must be thinking about pursuing your undergraduate or postgraduate degree from an Australian University.
You need an International Student Visa.
- For all those who have answered ‘yes’ to the 2nd question:
If you are a qualified professional who wants to permanently live and work in Australia then you got two choices.1. Apply for a General Skilled Migration Visa by your own.
2. Find a company that will to sponsor you to utilize your professional skills to get a Temporary Work Visa .
After completing 2 years under the Temporary Work Visa program you can get a visa under Employer Nomination Scheme.Read our article which explains details about Australian Permanent Residency.
- If you answered yes to the 3rd question then you will need to get a Partner Visa.
The partner visa can be applied while outside Australia (off-shore) or while you are in Australia (on-shore).
Off-shore spouse visa – Subclass 309/100
On-Shore Partner Visa – Subclass 820/801
- If you are a parent want to live with your son or daughter who is living in Australia then you need a parent Visa.
- Those who answered ‘yes’ to question number 5; will need a Visitor Visa Subclass (600).
All the details about these visas are available in Visa Process section of Chalo Australia.
If any of your doubts are still left unanswered;
We at Chalo Australia will help you to resolve all your doubts related to your moving to Australia.
More resources for you – Australian Immigration and Visas